Sunday 29 January 2012

Those heaps on the floor...

I have so much scope for decluttering at the moment, having been ill for a long time and got used to things lying about the place.  The experience of clearing up and creating space is very satisfying, and I realise I must have been subconsciously annoyed with the mess every time I saw it, out of the corner of my eye.

Today I cleared up under my desk in the study - there was a pile of files that had been there for years!  Looking through them I found useful gardening cuttings for my design work, and a silver and opal ring I'd lost.  I have filed some of the stuff so I can use the design ideas, however it's all been pruned down.

So now there is nothing under the desk that shouldn't be there - it all has a purpose and doesn't get in the way of my feet.  Brilliant!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your decluttering efforts. It feels good, doesn't it?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - yes it does. Did a heap that was under my bookcase (bottom shelf is raised up, ideal for gathering bits of paper!) today. Threw out old essays, sketchbooks (big thing for me), etc. What to do with millenium 'collector's edition' of the Independent? Maybe keep in ottoman or sell on Ebay later.
    This is getting addictive, which is a Good Thing!

    ReplyDelete